The best way to prevent problems with mice in your home or business is to deny them access inside.
If they manage to gain entry indoors, it is essential to discourage their presence by denying mice easy access to food and water.
If you can deter mice, you will also reduce the damage they can cause to your property and avoid the health risks associated with exposure to this rodent.
Call Bed Bug Killers at 0208 176 6754 to discuss expert mouse deterrent solutions.
Proof Your Property to Prevent Mice
An effective way to prevent mice includes proofing your home or business to keep rodents out. Identify any gaps located higher up your building or on your rooftop, not just those near the ground and make sure these are appropriately blocked.
Mice are excellent climbers, able to scale rough, vertical surfaces and walk along with thin cables or wires. They have soft skeletons and can get through gaps the width of a pencil.
Mice Deterrent Tips
- Food safety – Be careful not to attract mice with food where possible food should be stored in plastic or metal containers. Regularly clean under stoves, refrigerators and cupboards.
- Doors – Fit bristle (or brush) strips to the bottom of doors to prevent entry, especially in older properties where the door fit may not be snug.
- Pipework – Seal holes around existing or new pipes with coarse grade stainless steel wire wool and caulking (pliable sealant).
- Holes – These are often made in exterior walls for cables and pipes; check that old pipework holes are sealed. Any larger than 5mm holes will allow mice to gain access because their jaws can fit into tight spaces like these and quickly chew larger openings that will enable them to enter a building.
- Air Bricks and Vents – Cover these with fine galvanized wire mesh, significantly if they are damaged.
- Eaves – Fix damaged roofing and use wire mesh to seal gaps.
- Vegetation – Trim tree branches back from the house and, where possible, avoid plants growing up the sides of your property. Vines, shrubs or overhanging branches can be used for mice to get onto roofs. In addition, overgrown vegetation close to the walls will offer mice shelter and potential nesting sites.
- Lawns – Keep grass mown short to reduce shelter and seeds for food. Ideally, leave a gap between the building foundations and the garden.
Want More Mouse Repellent Tips?
If you are frightened or anxious about the thought of mice on your property, Bed Bug Killers’ professional deterrent methods offer the best and most reliable solution.
We can provide quick, guaranteed service for an existing mice infestation to get rid of mice safely from your home or business.
Call Bed Bug Killers on 0208 176 6754 for more professional solutions to deter mice.