The best method to keep birds away for good is to remove their food sources; however, this is not always a practical solution in busy urban areas. If birds are causing a nuisance at your business premises, there are several tactics that you can try:
- Remove any access to nesting sites (for instance, by putting barriers over window ledges) can be an effective bird deterrent.
- Keep any possible food sources well hidden.
- Make sure bin lids are secure, and trash bags are not left in the open — birds like crows have sharp beaks that will make short work of trash bags.
Professional bird removal and deterrent services are critical for businesses to effectively remove pest birds, avoid property damage and reduce the health risks associated with the presence of pest birds. Pigeons, sparrows and crows are among the worst culprits in the United Kingdom, and bird removal is made difficult by several factors:
- Pigeons are unafraid of people and highly adaptable to the urban and modern environment.
- Pigeons can breed all year long when they found an ideal nesting site.
- Crows are among the most intelligent birds in the world.
- Pest birds have an innate homing instinct that causes them to feel attached to a particular site.
FACT: Pigeons are among the most intelligent birds and can undertake tasks previously thought only humans could perform.
Besides noticing more and more bird nests around your property, look for other common signs of an infestation before the issue worsens. If you are worried about birds in your business premises or your bird problem is more than you can handle, contact us at 0208 176 6754 to learn more about our effective bird deterrent solutions for your property.